Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Turn an Old Computer into a Networked Backup, Streaming, or Torrenting Machine with FreeNAS

Turn an Old Computer into a Networked Backup, Streaming, or Torrenting Machine with FreeNAS: "Turn an Old Computer into a Networked Backup, Streaming, or Torrenting Machine with FreeNAS

- Sent using Google Toolbar"

Today I took the CD I made from the ISO and I started my PC with it to make a freenas USB drive.  I made sure I could boot from a USB, then I booted into freenas and got a URL.  I went to another machine and used the URL to login with my admin password.  Everything worked flawlessly.  My next step is to devote a 2nd hard drive in the host machine to a data drive for the NAS host machine.  Should be easy, too.

Freenas 8 videos:  http://www.freenas.org/about/news/item/freenas-8-video-series



-tp

Blog Archive

WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING, .


NOR DO WE RECEIVE ANY FREE PRODUCTS OR FUNDS FOR LISTING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE HEREIN