Tomato is a small, lean and simple replacement firmware for Linksys' WRT54G/GL/GS, Buffalo WHR-G54S/WHR-HP-G54 and other Broadcom-based routers.
I flashed the clubs Linksys WRT54GL with new firmware, I used Tomato version 1.20: http://www.polarcloud.com/firmware I changed the gateway from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 so I would have no conflict with my network or with any other wireless routers.
I also changed the SSID from the default Linksys to SPCUG for ease of access.
Tomato v1.20 allowed me to “boost” the transmit power and I set the “Afterburner” feature which is similar to “SpeedBooster” in the newer Linksys model’s.
I set the channel to 7 from the default 6 to lessen the chance of interfering with other wireless units.
The interface is much nicer and easier to use, it also has some nice graphs!
Here is some more info on Tomato: http://www.polarcloud.com/tomatofaq
Here are supported routers:
Linksys WRT54G/WRT54GS/WRT54GL's version
Look at the bottom side of the router to check for the version number, or compare the first 4 characters of the serial number with the following list:
CDF0/CDF1 = WRT54G v1.0
CDF2/CDF3 = WRT54G v1.1
CDF5 = WRT54G v2.0
CDF7 = WRT54G v2.2
CDF8 = WRT54G v3.0
CDF9 = WRT54G v3.1
CDFA = WRT54G v4.0
CGN0/CGN1 = WRT54GS v1.0
CGN2 = WRT54GS v1.1
CGN3 = WRT54GS v2.0
CGN4 = WRT54GS v2.1
CGN5 = WRT54GS v3.0
CGN6 = WRT54GS v4.0
CL7A = WRT54GL v1.0
CL7B = WRT54GL v1.1
CL7C = WRT54GL v1.1
CF7C = WRT54GL v1.1
If it's not listed above, and it's not a WRT54GL, it's not supported.
[From S. Solberg]
Sunday, July 13, 2008
- ► 2016 (651)
- ► 2015 (991)
- ► 2014 (992)
- ► 2013 (1031)
- ► 2012 (1236)
- ► 2011 (1490)
- ► 2010 (1794)
- ► 2009 (1516)
- AutoRuns for Windows v9.32 (Troubleshooting Tool)
- Outdated drivers
- Welcome to Cuil—the world’s biggest search engine
- Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File
- HOSTS FILES; edit, create, background
- Doctor on line, Freeware, SPYcam, CDburner, FotoSk...
- Alarm clock, morning calls, password protecting an...
- Backyard Theater, outdoor movie theater ideas and ...
- WALMART INTERCOM CODES
- Sources for INK CARTRIDGES for inkjet printers
- Share magazines, SEARCHME search tool and PNG for ...
- 78 records, 3 wheelers, anon. email
- BIKE AND AUTO REPAIRS
- Important JAVA update; Security
- SNARKY MARKETING - (SNARKETING)
- Torrent search, Copy proggie, PING info and POPURL...
- Talking Dictionary and Advanced LAN Scan
- TheWorld Browser
- RSS and SecureZip
- Tomato Firmware upgrade for Linksys WRT54GL Wirele...
- Music on line.
- HoboCopy (64-bit)AND 32-bit versions:
- Cheat sheets for WEB developers
- MS update KB951748 and ZoneAlarm --- PROBLEM
- PowerPoint Shortcuts
- How To Make Windows Vista Boot Faster With Multipl...
- RSS feed for this BLOG is available
- Multifunctional media converter; free
- Five windows maintenance tools
- Science NEWS, Protect your email, etc., with CAPTC...
- Audio/Video to an EXE...send it by email if you li...
- TIPS FOR FILE MANAGEMENT
- ▼ July (34)