Saturday, May 15, 2010

Geek - and name calling

Wikipedia defines GEEK as: a slang term applied individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."

It is a term tossed around by people that have just enough knowledge of technology (particularly computers ) that think themselves justified, or believe they are hip and knowledgeable enough to use the term.

As the butt of this (what I perceive as name-calling), I take offense. If I'm a black, call me or refer to me as black. If I'm black and you are black, you may call me a nigger and I may not give it a second thought, or may stop and correct you and remind you that the word is offensive to me as a black man. If I'm a geek, and you are a geek, you can call me a geek. If you are NOT sure of what I am, or you are not a trusted friend, stifle yourself, please.
UPDATE
A couple of pals bought me a GEEK t-shirt from the Microsoft store, and a coffee cup...both bearing the words GEEK and with definitions.

Blog Archive

WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING, .


NOR DO WE RECEIVE ANY FREE PRODUCTS OR FUNDS FOR LISTING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE HEREIN