Thursday, October 14, 2010

How do I open a new instance of a program?

QUESTION:
Help! I know I'm a little late to the game but I just recently switched from Vista to Windows 7. I like it, but there is one little thing that's driving me batty! In Vista if I clicked a program in the Quick Launch bar, I got a new instance of the program. For instance, a new Internet Explorer window. I like the jump list in the task bar but there's no quick launch bar. Is there a way to get a whole new IE window to open (or Word or other programs)? Thanks! - Edward J.

ANSWER:
Yes, you can open another separate instance of most programs from the taskbar, but it may not be obvious at first how to do it. Right click the program in the taskbar and look for the program name in the bottom half of the jump list. Clicking that will give you a new instance of the program. And if you want your Quick Launch bar back, you can have it. See
http://www.win7news.net/1JN2DV/101014-New-Instance


From WIN7 News Net
Sunbelt Software
33 North Garden Avenue
Clearwater, Florida USA 33755

Blog Archive

WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING, .


NOR DO WE RECEIVE ANY FREE PRODUCTS OR FUNDS FOR LISTING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE HEREIN