Saturday, February 19, 2011

Michael Moore | High School Newspaper

Michael Moore | High School Newspaper http://mikeshighschoolnews.com/  Yea!  I think this is a SMART move on Moore's part...like HIM or not.  Lots and lots of people don't like Michael Moore, so anything he does or says is poo-poohed.  Take a minute and reflect on what this new site can do and what it offers the highschool student, journalist, teacher, advisor, etc.  A lot can be learned with something as big as this. 

Excerpts from site:
It's not that way in other countries. The voting age in places like Austria, Brazil or Nicaragua is 16. In France, students can shut down the country by simply walking out of school and taking to the streets.
But here in the U.S. you're told to obey and to basically butt out and let the adults run the show.
Let's change that! 

I'm starting this site, "HIGH SCHOOL NEWSPAPER." Here you will be able to write what you want and I will publish it. I will also post those articles that you've tried to get published at your school but were turned down. On this site you will have freedom and an open forum and a chance to have your voice heard by millions.

I've asked my 17-year-old niece, Molly, to kick things off by editing this page for the first six months. She will ask you to send her your stories and ideas and the best ones will be posted on MichaelMoore.com. I'll give you the platform you deserve. It will be my honor to have you on my site and I encourage you to take advantage of it.

You are often called "our future." That future is today, right here, right now. You've already proven you can change the world. Keep doing it. And I'd be honored to help you.

P.S. When can you get started? Right now! Just go here and register. (You can use a made-up name if you want and you don’t have to name your school.) Then once you’re done, start submitting blogs, music, videomore! and
P.P.S. If you’re reading this and not in high school, please take a second and forward it to all the students you know.

-tp

Blog Archive

WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING, .


NOR DO WE RECEIVE ANY FREE PRODUCTS OR FUNDS FOR LISTING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE HEREIN